This 1886 historical landmark was relocated from East Austin to its current location in the 1970’s at 1717 West Avenue and later became a wellness center for mental health. A modern addition of this psychologist’s office reflects the client’s strong appreciation of modern architecture, influencing the design. Placement of natural light includes the transitional breezeway and special views of a clock tower and the UT stadium at the client’s request. The decision to create an addition in the alley and not alter the historic structure contributes to Judge’s Hill Business District as a true Austin historic treasure.
Location, Austin, Texas 2012
Scope, Office Addition to Historic Structure, 350 s.f.
Services, Architecture, Interior Design
Client, Mary Yancy, PhD, PLLC
Team, Milton Hime, Dianne Kett